- “Marine Protected Areas Key To Our Future” • If we want our ocean to stay productive, we need to step up now. For decades, the ocean has been absorbing much of global warming’s heat, so it’s warmer and more acidic than ever. Marine life is searching for cooler waters, harmful algae are blooming, and vital habitats are being destroyed. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Renewable Energy Revolution Has A Major Employment Problem” • The seemingly unstoppable growth trend has hit a serious speed bump. There just aren’t enough workers. The industry is expanding so rapidly that there simply aren’t enough qualified and skilled workers to fill the huge swath of new job openings in the field. [Oil Price]
- “Federal Court Temporarily Blocks Biden Administration’s Oil And Gas Lease Pause” • A federal court blocked, for now, the Biden administration’s pause on oil and gas leasing. The decision by a US District Court in Louisiana is a temporary order. The administration may be required to follow a schedule of lease sales set by the Obama administration. [CNN]
- “US Interior And Commerce Departments Restore Lands To Native Hawaiian Community” • Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland announced the transfer of 80 acres of surplus federal property on O‘ahu for inclusion in the Hawaiian Home Lands Trust. The land could be used to provide homesteads for 200 to 400 Native Hawaiian families. [CleanTechnica]
- “Oil Pipeline Crossing Native Community Lands Gets Support From Minnesota Court” • A Minnesota state appeals court ruled in favor of the Line 3 pipeline, upholding key approvals by state regulators. It found Minnesota’s Public Utility Commission did not act improperly when it granted Enbridge permits concerning the route and “certificate of need.” [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.