- “California Assembly Passes Groundbreaking Deforestation Bill” • In a landmark vote, California policymakers took a major step toward protecting the world’s forests. The state Assembly passed a groundbreaking bill to ensure that procurement contracts protect boreal and tropical forests and fundamental Indigenous rights. [CleanTechnica]
- “Climate Change Could Negatively Impact Maine’s Blueberry Crop” • A study by scientists at the University of Maine analyzing 40 years of data found more warming in wild blueberry fields of Down East Maine than elsewhere. They said the warming of the blueberry fields could imperil the berries as temperatures rise and there is less water. [News Center Maine]
- “BYD Scores More Electric Bus Orders And Deliveries In Sweden And Spain” • BYD keeps rolling out more and more electric buses, especially in Europe. This week, the news is that it delivered 30 more electric buses in Spain, that country’s largest order, and it got an order for 79 electric buses in Sweden, the first order by Bergkvarabuss. [CleanTechnica]
- “CATL Planning 80-GWh Battery Factory Near Tesla Giga Shanghai” • CATL says it has plans to construct a new battery cell manufacturing facility near the Tesla Gigafactory in Shanghai that will have an annual production capacity of 80 GWh. That is enough to power 800,000 EVs each year. CATL wants to supply half of Tesla’s batteries worldwide. [CleanTechnica]
- “First Ride Of The Production Arcimoto Roadster And Fun Utility Vehicle” • Sofiaan Fraval: Arcimoto makes a Roadster and a similar Fun Utility Vehicle. I had a lot of fun on the FUV, but the moment I hopped onto the Roadster, I felt like I was on my motorcycle again. My short experience on these vehicles opened my eyes to their potential. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.