- “Aldi And Other Big Grocers Threaten To Boycott Brazil Over Deforestation In The Amazon” • Some of Europe’s biggest supermarkets and food companies threaten to stop buying agricultural products from Brazil if a bill that would legalize the private occupation of public land that has taken place since 2012 becomes law. [CNN]
- “IHS Markit: Rankings Show The US Is Already World’s Most Attractive Renewables Investment Market” • As the Biden Administration aims to increase federal investment in renewable energy under the American Jobs Plan, the US already ranks as the most attractive market for renewables investment, according to a new ranking by IHS Markit. [World Oil]
- “California’s Grid Reliability Enhanced with Two Battery Energy Storage Projects” • Two new battery energy storage projects are coming to enhance California’s grid reliability. Southern Power awarded Mitsubishi Power Americas and Powin an order for two battery energy storage system projects totaling 640 MWh. [Environment + Energy Leader]
- “UGI, Global Common Energy Partner To Develop Renewable Natural Gas” • Cayuga RNG Holdings LLC, owned jointly by UGI Corp and Global Common Energy LLC, announced that it has entered into definitive agreements to develop several dairy farm digester projects to produce renewable natural gas in upstate New York. [North American Oil & Gas Pipelines]
- “Don’t Let Them Fool You: Disinformation Is Not An Accident” • The Oxford Reference defines disinformation as “A form of propaganda involving the dissemination of false information with the deliberate intent to deceive or mislead.” We see interest groups (such as oil companies) and elected officials engaged in it, often in organized campaigns. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.