- “UPS Orders 10 Electric Vertical Takeoff & Landing Aircraft” • Through a subsidiary, UPS is jumping into the future a bit faster. UPS Flight Forward ordered electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft from Beta Technologies. The eVTOL aircraft will be used in small and midsize markets, and will land directly at the UPS facilities themselves. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Water Fight Over The Shrinking Colorado River” • For years, scientists have predicted that the Colorado River would continue to decline due to global warming and increased water demands. New studies say it looks worse than they thought. The head of Colorado’s biggest water utility says using less water is the only solution. Many people agree. [BBC]
- “Rosendin Kicks Off Construction On 500-MW Texas Solar Project” • In southeastern Texas, Rosendin’s Renewable Energy Group has undertaken building the largest solar power project in the state. The Aktina Renewable Power Project calls for the installation of 1.4 million solar modules across 4,000 acres in Wharton County. [Solar Power World]
- “Biden Tax Overhaul Calls for Removing Fossil Fuel Subsidies, Incentivizing Renewable Energy” • The Biden administration called for overhauling the corporate tax code that, among other things, would replace fossil fuel subsidies, some in the form of externalities, with incentives to promote renewable energy production. [Natural Gas Intelligence]
- “Atmospheric CO₂ And Methane Levels Soar To Record Highs Despite Pandemic” • Scientists have recorded a surprising rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide and methane levels in 2020, which seems to contradict predictions that the pandemic would see a temporary slowdown in the build up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. [Renew Economy]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.