- “Volkswagen Launches 3 Superb ID.4 Commercials In USA” • Volkswagen’s new EV commercials communicate the benefits of electric vehicles for normal people superbly, wonderfully. The Volkswagen ads dissolve myths, highlight strong points (some being places where gas cars can’t compete), and couch it all in attractive, familiar daily lives. [CleanTechnica]
- “2020 Set A New Record For Renewable Energy. What’s The Catch?” • More than 80% of all new electricity generating projects built last year were renewable, leading to a 10.3% rise in total installed zero carbon electricity generation globally. But in spite of reduced energy demand in 2020 due to Covid-19, fossil fuels also grew, as did carbon emissions. [Forbes]
- “Great Britain’s Electricity System Has Greenest Day Ever Over Easter” • On Easter Monday, the wind and sun supplied 60% of all the UK’s electricity as households enjoyed a bank holiday lunch. At the same time the UK’s nuclear reactors provided 16% of the electricity mix, meaning almost 80% of the grid was powered from low-carbon sources. [The Guardian]
- “Kansas Wind Farms To Power Vaccine Manufacturing” • Animal health business Boehringer Ingelheim has signed power purchase agreements so a wind farm can power its largest US manufacturing site, where nearly 1,000 people make animal vaccines. Enel’s 400-MW Cimarron Bend Wind Farm in Kansas will supply the energy. [reNEWS]
- “RWE Renewables Awards Wärtsilä US Storage” • Wärtsilä won a contract to supply a 40-MW, 80-MWh storage system for the Hickory Park solar project in Georgia, being developed by RWE Renewables. Delivery of the storage system is scheduled for September 2021, and the plant is expected to begin commercial operations in November. [reNEWS]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.