- “Record 260 GW Of Clean Power Added In 2020” • A record of over 260 GW of new renewable energy capacity was installed in 2020, despite the impact of Covid-19, according to data from the International Renewable Energy Agency. IRENA said in its “Renewable Capacity Statistics 2021” report that new capacity in 2020 was nearly 50% more than in 2019. [reNEWS]
- “Renewable Energy In The US Military: Creating A Lean Mean Green War-Fighting Machine” • The US military has been one of the greatest tech innovators on Earth. It won’t be different with energy. In addition to improved security with increased military use of renewables, the public stands to gain from the military’s downstream applications. [The National Interest]
- “ARIES: Advanced Research On Integrated Energy Systems” • Advanced Research on Integrated Energy Systems is a research platform for understanding the impacts of the millions of new devices – such as EVs, renewable generation, hydrogen, energy storage, and grid-interactive buildings – that get connected to the grid each day. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Dutch Plan To Install A Million Chargers By 2030” • The Dutch discovered that they need an extra 1,500,000 chargers by the end of this decade. Part of the National Climate Agreement, the National Charging Infrastructure Agenda has five goals for the charging infrastructure to support the country’s transition to emission-free transport. [CleanTechnica]
- “Curing Earth’s Diseases Through Renewable Energy” • “The earth is suffering from several ‘diseases’: global warming, ocean acidification, habitat loss, etc. If any of these diseases remains uncured, other diseases will accelerate and cause new ones to appear, hence putting humanity’s well-being in danger,” said Associate Professor Masahiko Fujii. [Mirage News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.