- “Biden Launches Major Push To Expand Offshore Wind” • The White House laid out an ambitious strategy to raise the first fleet of American offshore wind farms, announcing specific plans that could boost an eager industry and help the country meet climate targets. President Biden mandated a wind energy lease auction in the New York Bight as early as this year. [E&E News]
- “A Renewable Energy Bill Is Fueling A Fight Over Local Control In Indiana” • A bill in Indiana that would expand renewable energy is drawing unusual battle lines. It would propose doing away with local ordinances around renewables and instead develop a uniform set of statewide requirements. Many local groups are very opposed to this. [Gizmodo]
- “En-ROADS Brings Climate Science To The Masses” • Climate science is complicated, and it’s easy to think the subject is much too complex for ordinary people to understand. Scientists use computer models to study it. But what if ordinary folks could do that? En-ROADS is an interactive simulation tool for the masses to study climate change. [CleanTechnica]
- “India’s Greenko Plans $4.8 Billion Pumped Storage Project” • Media reports say Greenko plans to invest $4.3 billion to set up a 2-GW hybrid solar-wind project supported by 8,000 MWh of pumped hydro storage in Rajasthan. The project is likely to be completed by 2024 and will be the world’s largest renewable energy asset, the company said. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Administration Launches Task Force To Ensure That Scientific Decisions Are Free From Political Influence” • A task force is being set up to review the federal government’s scientific policies to ensure that they are free from inappropriate political influence. Several top health officials say they had been pressured by the Trump administration. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.