- “NSW Orchestrates 12 GW Of Renewables And 2 GW Of Pumped Hydro By 2030” • New South Wales published its NSW Electricity Infrastructure Roadmap, charting a path to 12 GW of new large-scale solar and wind capacity. It is to attract $32 billion in private investment, create thousands of jobs, and reduce annual electricity bills. [pv magazine Australia]
- “Tropical Storm Eta Makes Landfall In Florida” • Tropical Storm Eta has hit Florida, bringing with it heavy rain and strong winds that forecasters fear may lead to storm surges and flash flooding. Schools, beaches and public transport in much of the southern part of the state were shut before the storm made landfall in the Florida Keys. [BBC]
- “Green Hydrogen Nail, Meet Shale Gas Coffin (And Nuclear Could Be Next)” • If US President-Elect Joe Biden doesn’t do the fossil fuel industry any favors, he’ll only be following in the footsteps of outgoing President Donald J Trump. Intentionally or not, Trump has already overseen the demise of the domestic coal, oil, and natural gas industries. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Won. What’s Next? Bill McKibben Has Given A Few Suggestions” • Joe Biden will be the 46th president of the US. He has a $2 trillion plan to move the US toward a reduced carbon future. But there are things he needs to do to execute his plan while the Republicans maintain some strength. Bill McKibben has some suggestions. [CleanTechnica]
- “Government Scientists Fear For Their Jobs – Another Trump Executive Order” • The journal Nature reported that a senior scientist at the EPA, after reading an executive order signed in October, responded “it’s pretty frightening.” Written broadly, the language seems to make it easier to “get rid of people who don’t toe the right political line.” [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.